Wednesday, April 28, 2010

All that is left of the squirrel is his tail.


Today, I came home for lunch to let the dog out. He wasn't interested in going potty and wouldn't leave the patio. I walked out with him and discovered that all that was left of the squirrel he had been arguing with was part of his tail. It was coming up from under the grass. As I was driving back to work, I did feel some remorse for that poor squirrel. It was a feisty little feller. I'm sure that the culprits were the two gray coyotes with white on them. I saw them in the bushes on the bluff three days ago. They were searching for some rabbit for dinner. The rabbits had scampered away, but the squirrel wasn't so lucky. Fortunately, on the day I saw the coyotes the dog had just come back in from going potty and was safe and sound. My sister said that I was the one that should have felt lucky that I was safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment